Babies are desirous to find out about the world around them. Toys give quite more than simply fun and games to babies. The correct toys can even boost your little one’s development. Thus it is necessary to choose safe and stimulating toys for your baby that allows them to use their senses. We have compiled for you, ten best educational toys for babies.
Toys provide large fun and amusement to a child. However, that’s not all. They will even be a good source of learning and improve a range of abilities. Getting the correct educational toy for a baby may be a challenge considering infants are still in early stages of their abilities. Try musical toys for him to discover sound and introduce toys with different colors to stimulate his developing vision.
Choose educational toys that provide an opportunity for you to bond together with your baby. Recognise your child’s accomplishments during play to boost his self-confidence.
Knowing all these, MyBabyToday steps in to provide you with a selection of ten best educational toys for babies. Opt for the one that most closely fits your baby.
1. Teach My Baby Learning Kit
- 52 pieces to teach baby first words, first numbers, sounds, touch and self awareness
- Kit includes finger puppets, books, puzzles, blocks, mirrors
- Promotes fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, self-esteem and parent-child interaction
- Step by Step Teaching Guide To Ensure Successful Learning and Development
- Bond. Teach. Play. 20 Minutes A Day!
2. Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Cube
- Beautifully constructed wooden toy with 12 brightly colored, easy-to-grip shapes
- Each shape fits through a hole of the same shape on the wooden cube
- Classic learning activity with nostalgic appeal
- Sturdy wooden construction
- Promotes color and shape recognition and problem-solving skills
3. VTech Touch & Teach Word Book
- This educational toy book for toddlers features 12 incredibly detailed and touch sensitive pages that help teach children over 100 words is six categories
- Great Pre-K (Pre–kindergarten) toy for early education; four modes of play including: what’s that word, letter fun, music time and find it
- Pages react to your toddlers touch with sounds, music, and words; early learning center teaches fine motor skills along with words, and ABCs
- Cody and cora, the Tech Smart Cubs, guide your child through interactive play; expand your child’s vocab with the introduction of ABCs and new words
- The baby book toy is designed for kids 18 months to 4 years; 2 AAA batteries are included for demo, use new batteries for regular use
4. Melissa & Doug First Bead Maze
- A classic toy with a “twist”
- Four soft-coated wires twist and turn between two solid wood blocks
- Features 18 multi-shaped wooden beads and three plastic rings to spin and slide
- Quality craftsmanship and sturdy construction
- Encourages sensory skills, fine motor skills, and hand-eye coordination
5. VTech Touch & Swipe Baby Phone
- The baby phone is designed for 6 months to 3-year-olds; toy is not moisture proof, features auto shut-off and includes 2 AAA batteries (Best with Polaroid AAA batteries)
- Touch screen kids phone with 12 light-up pretend apps including pretend calendar, clock, and weather
- The 12 apps respond to touch and light up; toggle between the app screen and music mode using the slide at the bottom of the pretend phone
- Home button saves your phone number so toddlers can pretend to call home; 15 melodies, different phrases and sing along songs keep kids engaged
- Educational kids toy introduces role-play and hand eye coordination; songs help teach toddlers ABCs, 123s and first words
6. Star Right Magnetic Letters and Numbers
- ABC and VOCABULARY SKILLS: Combine 26 uppercase letters and 56 lowercase letters into vocabulary words, and practice sentence building along with punctuation uses.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Take a break from vocabulary and practice counting, as well as simple addition and subtraction, with 20 numbers and 6 mathematical symbols.
- DRY-ERASE EASEL: Self-standing and easily foldable, the large surface board can fit multiple words, sentences, and math problems. Draw alongside the magnetic letters with a dry-erase marker. Let your child watch their vocabulary displayed proudly. Additionally, each colorful letter fits comfortably in a small child’s hand, yet is large enough to be safe from choking.
- ECO-FRIENDLY, NON-TOXIC, FOAM LETTERS and NUMBERS: All of our materials are non-toxic and completely safe for both your child and the environment!
- EASY STORAGE: Star Right makes it easy to have fun on the go! Our alphabet storage container has twist-off lid and a handle, making clean up and travel simple for all involved.
7. TOYK Kids toys Musical Colorful Baby Fun House
- Baby can recognize shapes, colors, animals, from the blocks, which will stimulate visual development.
- Develop baby’s cognitive ability, cultivate baby’s eye and hand coordination ability, train baby fingers muscle flexibility.
- Motion sensor activates fun sounds when the activity cube is moved to attract attention and encourage crawling.
- Baby can learn beats and rhythm by playing the piano keys.
- Embedding blocks into the house, opening door with the key, twisting ans moving colors beads and blocks, all can exercise baby’s finger flexibility and fine motor skills!
8. Hape Award Winning Pound & Tap Bench with Slide Out Xylophone
- Pound and Tap while playing musical favorites
- Easily sliding xylophone provides many ways to play
- Encourages audio recognition and musical development
- Non-toxic finishes and child safe materials
- For ages 12 months – 3 years
9. Kennedy 26 Pcs Wooden Letters and Numbers Jigsaw Puzzles
- Material: good quality wooden, environmental non-toxic, safe for children to play.
- Consist of 26 building blocks, one side is the 26 english letters, another side is 1 ~ 26 numbers.
- A bright color graphic blocks design, can stimulate the baby’s imagination and hands-on creativity.
- Help your kid to identify a variety of colors and animals correctly.Improve your kid’s thinking ability, assembly ability ,hand-eye coor,patience, memory etc.
- Lightweight, convenience to carry anywhere to play, this puzzle toy requires to be rearranged according to the numbers and letters, develop the baby patience and intellectual.
10. VTech Turn and Learn Driver
- Your little one will love pretending to drive using the steering wheel toy that causes the cute dog character to move back and forth
- Press the five colorful buttons on the learning toy and your child will be introduced to different animals and vehicles; great early education toy
- The fun baby car toy design encourages imaginative play with a traffic light, a signal lever that triggers fun sounds and music; gear shifter that pushes and pulls to introduce opposites
- Baby driving toy Includes 3 play modes so your little toddler driver can learn in animal, driving and music mode. 60+ songs, melodies, sounds and phrases
- Makes a great baby gift for a 6 month to 2 year old boy or girl; operates on 2 AA batteries that are included for demo purposes only, use new batteries for regular use
If you have any more educational toys for babies you have tried that proved really helpful for your baby and you will like us to add to the list, you may tell us in the comments section below.